Come hang with us in Philly! We’ll swap out your old lenses with some new ones on-site!
The Urban Outfitters at the King of Prussia Mall was one of Bianca’s childhood favorites. True stories.
Give T&B some brotherly love in the city of brotherly love. Yay Philly!
Happy birthday to client Tortoise & Blonde eyewear’s co-founder Dr. Steven Weisfeld.
We put on our illustrated party hats for you and brought 2-d balloons! Party!
What a success! We had a great launch party with Global Art Group at the Soho Gallery for Digital Art! Here are some wonderful photos from the event - courtesy of the lovely Tanya Gelman. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!
Scenes from the Viewpoint/Tortoise & Blonde app launch last week. Check out more photos on the Viewpoints Splash Page.
Because you’ve got the look & you’re a good dancer:
You’re invited to celebrate Tortoise & Blonde Eyewear’s newest collection and The Jane Doze ‘Girls Talk’ mashup mixtape release
Fresh off spinning an official Grammy’s event, The Jane Doze will debut their GIRLS TALK mixtape alongside Tortoise & Blonde’s after party-ready Collection 2 frames.
The eyewear company your mother warned you about, Tortoise & Blonde styles are made to be worn loudly. Tortoise & Blonde believes the right look can completely change the way you are seen & heard. While Collection 1 introduced classic frames, Collection 2 edges on stylistic boundaries… like a good little rebel should.
Blasting the beats is female DJ duo The Jane Doze, presenting their debut mashup mixtape, GIRLS TALK. Whether you’re fighting off last night’s hangover, looking for a good workout mix, or sipping adult beverages poolside — this tape’s got a little something for everyone. Put your antlers up and party on.
Monday, February 27th : 8PM-11PM : open bar from 8-9pm sponsored by TY KU
We’re throwing an event this Monday for our eyewear client, Tortoise & Blonde, with DJ mashup duo The Jane Doze! Raise your glasses and get your antlers up with us!
Until January 31st, were dropping our prices on select styles to $50! Been waiting to pull the trigger on that spare pair? Well here’s your chance!
What are you waiting for? Go to Tortoise & Blonde today to take advantage on this great offer on our Melrose, Nottingham, Ashbury, Laurel, Greenwich, and Rivington frames.
This deal cannot be combined with any other offers. $50 includes Frame + Plastic (CR-39) lenses + Basic Anti-Reflective Coating. All other lens options are charged accordingly.
Tortoise & Blonde is having an insane flash sale this weekend! If you’ve been eyeing a pair of T&B’s now’s the time to get them, with select styles down to $50.
Behind the Lens: A look at our 2012 Collection 2 Lifestyle shoot at Hotel Williamsburg with Shervin Lainez, and some great musicians as models.
PHOTOGRAPHER Shervin Lainez
MODELS Adam Samuels, Marybeth Doran, Alicia Lemke, Heather Robb, Charlene Kaye, Devon Johnson
MUSIC Shoot the Freak- Honcho
Behind the scenes at our client, Tortoise & Blonde’s latest shoot.
We’re doing a giveaway on Phrequency.com! To enter to win a pair of Kenmare sunglasses in either tortoise or black, visit their site and leave a comment with your New Years resolution for 2012!
Got a new years resolution? Share it & win some kewl shades. See things in a new light for 2012.
StyleFrame: Holiday Dressing for the Rocker
While your fully loaded schedule of band rehearsals and shows may be enough, we know you’ve got your fair share of holiday parties to hit. How do you take your studio space look to the tinsel strewn, open bar, sure to be photographed holiday festivities? Don’t worry that beautiful yet unkempt head [of hair] of yours. Just take a swig from your glass of whiskey-on-the-jingle-bell rocks, because T&B has you covered.
- The Bonobos Deep Navy Safari Blazer is your alternative to the typical blazer. A great fit that conveys a little bit of class, while still maintaining your casual laid back “I don’t care about societal norms” vibes.
- The mini pinstripes on this All-son Military Shirt from Urban Outfitters adds that prep to your image, without making you look like you belong in a country club. We know this is in, because we saw an entire Norwegian band basically wearing this as a uniform at a Greenpoint loft party. True stories.
- Who says you can’t wear navy and black together? And more importantly, who gives a flying guitar riff? These JBrand Kane Jeans are slim, straight, and for all intents and purposes- holiday party fancy. No one will even know that you’ve spent the entire week sleeping in these pants in your tour van.
- The Tortoise & Blonde Quincy glasses in Fade to Grey give off an unspoken sense of sophistication. Oh yes, the ombre look will let everyone at the party know how serious of a musician you are- your mind filled with deep meaningful lyrics that you’d apathetically discuss to those who attempt conversation about your art.
- Keep the Tortoise & Blonde Ashbury shades in one of those giant blazer pockets of yours (see why you needed to opt for the safari jacket?) for the inevitable blast of sunshine you will be getting as you walk (or stumble) out of the “after-hours, post-after, after party” at 7am. It’s always good to be surprisingly responsible… and to look cool while doing it.
We’d go to a holiday party with this guy.
A Small Girls Channukah Guide:
1. If you want to be surrounded by jolly people this holiday season, give the gift of clear eyesight with a pair of Tortoise & Blonde glasses. Pearl and The Beard loves them.Probably because they can see clearly now.
2. Ever wanted to see your bff wearing a cool fanny pack? AND a pair of shades? Katherine Kwei has lots of great styles, shapes & colors. We recommend pairing any of the handbags with a pair of Tortoise & Blonde sunglasses (to combat holiday party hangovers, obvs).
3. Did you get a shirt from someone that you just don’t like? Refashioner makes regifting your closet easy and simple. Who knows, you might even find yourself a new wardrobe (for half the price), too!