Check out our tips and tricks for throwing an epic Holiday bash on PR Couture - as inspired by many of the events we’ve thrown and attended.
Shout out to our friends at Days, Scroll Kit, Nicky Digital, Bosco Booth, Splash + Rachel & Nicole (who used their pics from our PromGirl fashion show for their holiday cards last year!)
And of course, special holiday love, to our clients (old and new) Hinge, Meetup, Tortoise & Blonde, She & Reverie, PromGirl and Drawquest- whose events we’ve had a pleasure throwing in the last few years.
L Magazine listed Small Girls PR founders Mallory and Bianca in their "30 Under 30: The Young Brooklynites we Envy Most" list… as two people!
They said some really nice things about us, so thanks for that, too, L Magazine. We’re honored to be on this list as we live, work, and love Brooklyn- and to also find ourselves among friends, Amy Rose Spiegel, Margot Caitlin Moe, Jake Hurwitz, and Ian Jennings!
Yesterday I met with a woman from an investment firm who runs communications for a portfolio that includes companies such as ASOS, Facebook, and Nasty Gal.
As the PR director, companies come to her for advice on media relations. The #1 question she receives from them though is, “Which PR firm…
Thoughts on the relationship between vulnerability and productivity from one of our cofounders.
Forbes: The 10 PR Disasters All Startups Need to Avoid
We share our tips in this piece on the 10 PR Disasters All Startups Need to Avoid- alongside some of our faves Astrsk PR, Brew PR, and Courtney Boyd Meyers!
Thx to Seth Porges for picking our brains. <3
Read the other 8 disasters to avoid here.
We’re Hiring!! Small Girls PR Seeks Digital Account Manager
Small Girls PR seeks quick-witted internet enthusiast to work on social media strategy as well as blogger relationships & brand partnerships across a variety of kick ass companies.
We work primarily in the tech and fashion space, though we’re no stranger to lifestyle brands that fit the Small Girls demographic (think glitter with a touch of rock and roll). Past & present clients include Pinkberry, Sorrelli Jewelry, GE, PromGirl.com, Cory Vines fitness wear, MTV books, Katherine Kwei Handbags, Tortoise & Blonde Eyewear, Flavorpill, Northside Festival, and more!
Responsibilities would include:
- Account management
- Social media strategy and content creation
- Blogger outreach and campaign creation
- Relationship building with bloggers & editors alike
- Ideation and coordination of creative cross-promotional campaigns with brands
- Social media measurement and reporting
- Event production/coordination when necessary
- Writing proposals to sign ‘em on and writing recaps to wrap ‘em up
- Must have established media relationships (can be bloggers, editors, and/or writers)
- Must be extremely creative with a fast mind: someone who meets a marketing executive at a party and can immediately think of ways to work with a client of ours that makes for a fun cross-promo opportunity. Not in a cheesy way but in a genuinely excited to take over the world with partners to do so kind of way.
- Active on the usual social suspects (bonus points for your own blog) and familiarity with those who make noise on the world wide web. Maybe you’re a redditor, maybe you’re not, maybe you’re part of IFB, maybe you’re not, but either way you’re aware of the digital landscape and instagram what you eat along with what you wear (and have the hashtag game to match).
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and a fan of Google Drive
- Photography and photoshop skills a plus
- Fashion background preferred though conversation can be kept open.
Role is full-time contract-to-hire & out of our Williamsburg offices (located off the Bedford L stop). Pay to match experience.
Dress code is “disney channel casual”. You’d be working with a team of 4 others who are AWESOME.
Please send resumes to email@example.com with Digital Account Manager Applicant in subject line.
“Something that we wouldn’t actually use ourselves is impossible for us to do,” said Ms. Blair. “If we’re going to promote a brand, it has to be something we feel passionate about.”
Excited to be in the Observer today & happy to be a company that works with brands we truly believe in.
The piece examines how the clients we work with fit into the Small Girls story, but also how we’re self-aware of the narrative & sometimes extend it to client projects, effectively making PR more personable or relatable (as opposed to being waved “via an invisible hand”).
Thanks to social media, we’re all living increasingly public lives, publicist or no publicist, and in that vein, we publicly adore the brands we choose to work alongside.
"Products of this millieu, the Small Girls have made the conscious decision not to hide their tools, but instead to festoon them with bows and paint them in pastel."
Though they may have gotten the Lilipantian part wrong (we are pretty in love with their vision), the rest is neat.
Pick up the pink pages today & flip to A13 to read on about how we practice what we preach and run activations for Forbes 500 companies while painting the town pastel.
Material Wrld selected their favorite fashion PR pros to take a sneak peek into their closets this week.
Our co-founder Mallory was selected as one of their featured publicists alongside two badass babes we truly admire. With a virtual closet between the VP of Bollare and the PR Director of Coach, the curation has been making the rounds today on public relations-focused media.
Click-through to check out some of Mallory’s most treasured items as well as some you can shop and have mailed to your door. If you’ve ever wondered what it was like to take a walk in Small Girls shoes, now’s your chance.