#smallgirlproblems #glittervision … or #glittertaste
Just another day in the Small Girls office. #glittervision
Glitter rainbow… what does it meannnn??
We know what it means. GlitterVision for the year 2011
We got a brand new site to kick off the New Year, which we’re SO excited about. Here are our 2011 wishes and predictions:
- @Barbiestyle will be verified on Twitter
- Brick-and-mortar businesses will phase out cash wraps while products & services like square, venmo, in-store iPads & NFC-supported phones become ubiquitous. Paypal will build a mobile payment app and it will trump all the other cards.
- Forget the matte or chipped polish of hipster yore- girls will get into minxing.
- Speaking of minxing, the success of Of a Kind will buck a plethora of blog-based stores excited about effectively merging the retail and story-tale experience.
- Small Girls will move out of the makery & into the Trump Towers… in minecraft
- Ryder Ripps will funnel the Dump.FM community into a consulting, curating, and dirty, glitchy, sparkle-gif-encrusted Andy Warhol-esque factory on the web.
- Bnter will get a vowel and brands will start creating company accounts in an effort to not only humanize their brand, but to make you fall in love with how charming and witty the people are behind their products. It will work: Zappos will sell more shoes, we will have more laughs, everyone wins.
- The fight against bed bugs will rage on, and it will become common practice for New Yorkers to start carrying personal, discreet bottles to spray the subway seats with before sitting and spray office coat hangers with before taking off their jackets.
- There will be a ban on selling Unicorn Meat on ebay. Save the Unicorns! :(
- Spot will open a new location and turn the current underground location into cooking class during the day & a dessert speak-easy at night
- Vintage Navy hats will be the new masks on the side of your head
- Diaspora will be embraced by the East and West coasts and people will scramble to set up their seeds, but Facebook will continue to dominate throughout 2011. Hoards of techies will swear by Diaspora and “only have Facebook because of the event invitations” but will secretly still enjoy being able to stalk their crushes and ex bf’s new gf’s photos.
- Willow Smith will win an emmy, grammy, oscar & tony
- The launch of Canv.as will revolutionize how we interact, play, and think about visual media and will gradually bring the word ‘meme’ into the every day cognizance of those who had never heard it before 2011.
- Our parties and events are going to be so kick ass, Andrew W.K. will give us a medal.
- We’re going to win a dance contest. Duh.
… alright so maybe we won’t be adding fortune telling into our services any time soon. But we DO wish that you all get whatever it is you’re dreaming of this year! And if there’s anything we can do to help (or if you just want to say hi), send us an email or tweet us a twitter!
File this one under awesome connections between awesome people that we know (i.e. GlitterVision).
When our friend Danielle told us about her search of an ipad developer for the RSS reader she wanted to build, we linked her with our friend Rob Seward!
We’re so glad that they made magic happen. Test it out if you have an ipad!
Check it out!
I made an iPad app called RSS5000, and it is out in the app store today!
Basically, RSS5000 takes all your Google Reader feed items and arranges them into stack of web pages that you can flip through. The minimal interface can disappear entirely, leaving the web pages from the feeds that you like as the sole focus of the app. Because it’s a stack of live browser pages, all the formatting is maintained and you can follow links, play embedded video, and enjoy your favorite sites in the format their creators intended.
On a decent Wi-Fi connection, it’s really fast. It feels sort of like flipping through your favorite websites on magic internet paper. RSS5000 is a really nice way to browse your subscriptions in their original format.Buy it, review it and tell all your friends! :D
This is the iPad project I’ve been working on for all these months. I’m really happy with the way it came out. Please download it and let me know what you think!