We are proud to announce our love for boobies - and our partnership with Keep A Breast Foundation for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Purchase a pair of Jane, Clarice, or Delancey frames in Rosewood (during the month of October), and you’ll be donating $1 to this wonderful organization.
You could win yourself some free T&Bs! Just head on over to FashionIndie and submit your story of long lost love - pertaining to glasses, of course!
Enter to win T&B’s on Fashionindie! Submit your story on how you lost your favorite pair of shades or glasses, and maybe you can get a new pair to <3. ;)
We can agree on their list of few things worth fighting for- “a clear dance floor, an open bar, a sale at Barney’s and an awesome pair of sunglasses.”
Because you’ve got the look & you’re a good dancer:
You’re invited to celebrate Tortoise & Blonde Eyewear’s newest collection and The Jane Doze ‘Girls Talk’ mashup mixtape release
Fresh off spinning an official Grammy’s event, The Jane Doze will debut their GIRLS TALK mixtape alongside Tortoise & Blonde’s after party-ready Collection 2 frames.
The eyewear company your mother warned you about, Tortoise & Blonde styles are made to be worn loudly. Tortoise & Blonde believes the right look can completely change the way you are seen & heard. While Collection 1 introduced classic frames, Collection 2 edges on stylistic boundaries… like a good little rebel should.
Blasting the beats is female DJ duo The Jane Doze, presenting their debut mashup mixtape, GIRLS TALK. Whether you’re fighting off last night’s hangover, looking for a good workout mix, or sipping adult beverages poolside — this tape’s got a little something for everyone. Put your antlers up and party on.
Monday, February 27th : 8PM-11PM : open bar from 8-9pm sponsored by TY KU
We’re throwing an event this Monday for our eyewear client, Tortoise & Blonde, with DJ mashup duo The Jane Doze! Raise your glasses and get your antlers up with us!
Until January 31st, were dropping our prices on select styles to $50! Been waiting to pull the trigger on that spare pair? Well here’s your chance!
What are you waiting for? Go to Tortoise & Blonde today to take advantage on this great offer on our Melrose, Nottingham, Ashbury, Laurel, Greenwich, and Rivington frames.
This deal cannot be combined with any other offers. $50 includes Frame + Plastic (CR-39) lenses + Basic Anti-Reflective Coating. All other lens options are charged accordingly.
Tortoise & Blonde is having an insane flash sale this weekend! If you’ve been eyeing a pair of T&B’s now’s the time to get them, with select styles down to $50.
Behind the Lens: A look at our 2012 Collection 2 Lifestyle shoot at Hotel Williamsburg with Shervin Lainez, and some great musicians as models.
PHOTOGRAPHER Shervin Lainez
MODELS Adam Samuels, Marybeth Doran, Alicia Lemke, Heather Robb, Charlene Kaye, Devon Johnson
MUSIC Shoot the Freak- Honcho
Behind the scenes at our client, Tortoise & Blonde’s latest shoot.
StyleFrame: Holiday Dressing for the Rocker
While your fully loaded schedule of band rehearsals and shows may be enough, we know you’ve got your fair share of holiday parties to hit. How do you take your studio space look to the tinsel strewn, open bar, sure to be photographed holiday festivities? Don’t worry that beautiful yet unkempt head [of hair] of yours. Just take a swig from your glass of whiskey-on-the-jingle-bell rocks, because T&B has you covered.
- The Bonobos Deep Navy Safari Blazer is your alternative to the typical blazer. A great fit that conveys a little bit of class, while still maintaining your casual laid back “I don’t care about societal norms” vibes.
- The mini pinstripes on this All-son Military Shirt from Urban Outfitters adds that prep to your image, without making you look like you belong in a country club. We know this is in, because we saw an entire Norwegian band basically wearing this as a uniform at a Greenpoint loft party. True stories.
- Who says you can’t wear navy and black together? And more importantly, who gives a flying guitar riff? These JBrand Kane Jeans are slim, straight, and for all intents and purposes- holiday party fancy. No one will even know that you’ve spent the entire week sleeping in these pants in your tour van.
- The Tortoise & Blonde Quincy glasses in Fade to Grey give off an unspoken sense of sophistication. Oh yes, the ombre look will let everyone at the party know how serious of a musician you are- your mind filled with deep meaningful lyrics that you’d apathetically discuss to those who attempt conversation about your art.
- Keep the Tortoise & Blonde Ashbury shades in one of those giant blazer pockets of yours (see why you needed to opt for the safari jacket?) for the inevitable blast of sunshine you will be getting as you walk (or stumble) out of the “after-hours, post-after, after party” at 7am. It’s always good to be surprisingly responsible… and to look cool while doing it.
We’d go to a holiday party with this guy.
StyleFrame: Patterns & Textures
We’re huge fans of Urban Outfitters, having just been at the UO HQ this past week and going on tour with them this Fall. We love the pattern & texture play in this outfit, with the Urban Renewal Geo Cardigan over the belted dark floral dress.
We’re taking cues from the patterns of the pieces and the neutral of the the tan belt, adding the Delancey in Brown Sugar.
We had Oberhofer come in to try on Tortoise & Blonde glasses, today!
The general consensus with the band were the Kenmare frames. Brad Oberhofer and Scheiner (guitar) are getting the style in shades, while Dylan (bass) opted for an optical pair.
Pete, however likes to march to the beat of his own drum… literally, since he’s their drummer!
Which pair should he get?
Help Pete pick his glasses!
Tortoise & Blonde: See & Be Heard
Fashion, bands, shows, parties, & downtown ny culture… that’s what Tortoise & Blonde Eyewear is all about, which is why we can’t be more excited to announce them as a new Small Girls client!
Tortoise & Blonde is a modern alternative to classic eyewear. Designed for functional versatility that expresses the Tortoise and Blonde in all of us. Made to appeal to a new generation of tastemakers. Void of ostentation. Grounded in craftmanship and details. Tortoise & Blonde affords the exploration of the duality that exists in all of us.
Switch it up.
One Today. Another Tomorrow.
They’ve got some amazing things on their line up, such as powering Pearl and The Beard’s ‘Raise Your Glasses’ tour, more band & fashion collaborations, a new collection, and a site relaunch (coming soon)!